# Grips And Tricks
A compilation of resources to help you to hit bloq.
# Ranking Up Mega-Tutorial
An incredible writeup by TeknozFR to help you get that PP. Ranking & Scoring Guide
See this video by the Cube Community YT (opens new window) about how the scoring system works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVbXCGddspA is not a valid YouTube URL!
Additionally, here's an image from the game developers about how the hitboxes (opens new window) work
How does global ranking work? What are performance points? What are the numbers in my brackets? Why is my PP so small?
You can find your global ranking and PP on ScoreSaber (opens new window) - here you can search for your name. Your ScoreSaber account is tied to your Steam / Oculus username.
- Ranked songs are assigned PP (PP = performance points). The exact amount of PP gained is determined by the accuracy you finish a ranked song with. How much PP a ranked song is worth is determined by a secret algorithm developed by Umbranox, our Panda God.
- To avoid having skilled players grinding lots of easier songs that are worth less PP, a curve is applied to your plays.
This curve is
xis the position of that score on your song list. e.g. If your top play is a 260 PP play, you will be rewarded 260 weighted PP which is a 100% of the raw PP of that play. If your second top play is 247 raw PP, you will be rewarded 238 weighted PP which is the actual amount of PP you get after the curve applies. Here is a table to illustrate this system:
|Raw PP||Weighted PP|
|260pp||260pp (100% of raw PP)|
|247pp||238pp (96.5% of raw PP)|
|246pp||229pp (93.1% of raw PP)|
|244pp||219pp (89.9% of raw PP)|
- To get a better rank, there are quite a few tools you can use to find ranked songs that fit your skill level. First, it’s always good to go see your own ScoreSaber (opens new window) profile to see songs that you haven’t played in a while or that you could improve on and to know what your top scores look like. The ScoreSaberEnhanced (opens new window) or ScoreSaber Country Leaderboard (opens new window) browser extension can extend the functionality of your profile. BaliBilo's ScoreSaber site (opens new window) and Beat Savior (opens new window) are external sites that can help you find maps to improve on and keep track of your performance.
You can find more information in the Ranking & Scoring Guide.
This section is adapted from Tek's writeup in the Beat Saber Canadian discord.
Songs are ranked by the team in the ScoreSaber Discord (opens new window). You can follow along in this server to see what changes happen!
Cube Community made some videos showing off some of the more popular grips for Oculus Touch controllers (CV1) and Vive Wands.
# HTC Vive Wands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7x_wb7RrgU is not a valid YouTube URL!
# Oculus Rift
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFt90q69aEA is not a valid YouTube URL!
# Oculus Rift S and Quest
A video has not yet been made for Rift S and Quest controllers, but you can find some examples below!
# Valve Index Controllers
A video has not yet been made for Index controllers, but you can find some examples in their
CC Discord (opens new window)
# Oculus Quest 2
A video has not yet been made for the Quest 2's controllers, but you can find some examples below!
Check out Cube Community's
#tips-and-grips channel for more suggestions and examples in their Discord (opens new window).
Please remember that everyone's playstyle and body is different; someone else's grip might not work exactly like you need
it to. Don't be afraid to experiment and find what's right for you!
# Improve Vive controller tracking
Your body may be blocking one lighthouse from seeing one of your controllers. Here are some steps that may help improve tracking.
- Move into the corner of your playspace.
- Rotate your body 45 degrees so that your lighthouses can see both controllers.
- Rotate the room within Beat Saber's settings to compensate, so that you appear facing forward within the game.
This can apply to Oculus sensors too.
# Touch Controller Battery Disconnect
The force of your swings in Beat Saber can cause the spring in the touch controllers to compress and disconnect the battery for a brief moment. This is what happens when you see your saber lose positional tracking but still rotate in place. To alleviate this, ragesaq recommends adding extra springs inside the battery compartment to decrease the likelihood of battery disconnects happening, explained in this Reddit post (opens new window)